7 Important Points to Remember When Choosing the Right Cosmetic Surgeon
Going under the knife is not impulse buy. There is no ‘Undo’ button and remedial Cosmetic Surgery can often be significantly more expensive and painful than if you got it right the first time around.
The importance of choosing the right cosmetic surgeon cannot be overstated when looking to undergo cosmetic plastic surgery. You have to weigh your options well and take your time, as opting for the best surgeon is the most important decision you’ll have to make to achieve the desired outcomes of your cosmetic procedure.
Here are seven key points to remember when choosing the right cosmetic surgeon to enhance your physical appearance:
- Don’t settle for less when it comes to cosmetic surgery. ‘Buy cheap and buy often’ is not a mantra you want applied to your body. Surgical holiday nightmares have been well publicised in recent years. A recent horror story including the horror story of a procedure that almost left young children without a mother. Whatever cosmetic procedure you’re undergoing, whether it ends up as a failure or success, cannot be undone. There may be cosmetic interventions for it, but you might have to spend extra cash and go through the knife again to fix what went wrong. But still, there’s no assurance it will actually get corrected. Do extensive research and ask for recommendations from dependable people who have gone through plastic surgery. Choose a doctor who can get it right the first time.
- Medical information has to remain confidential. Plastic surgery is a personal decision which entails respect and a confidentiality vow from any medical professional involved. It is then important to find a surgeon you can trust who, along with his medical team, upholds medical and professional ethics well.
- You have to be able to communicate your thoughts and emotions to your doctor during each consultation. That’s why it’s imperative to choose a surgeon you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts and experiences with. This is important so your physician will understand clearly what you want to get from the surgery.
- Whether it’s as complicated as a complete facial reconstruction or just a simple, non-invasive microdermabrasion treatment, you have to make sure your doctor is a proven specialist or an expert practitioner of the procedure you’re having.
- Look for credentials and proof of expertise. There must be concrete evidence that your surgeon is a licensed expert in the field and that his or her clinic is fully accredited. Ask for photos and certifications to back up his or her work. You have to feel 100% confident that your doctor can give you what you really want.
- Find a surgeon with the right attitude. Not all doctors have the compassion and politeness you expect. Some can even get judgmental. Other doctors can’t care less about the emotional status of their clients, that’s why instead of feeling positive and comfortable, patients feel even more anxious which can affect the outcome of the operation.
- Make sure your doctor discusses with you everything related to the procedure comprehensively and honestly. Even if it’s as simple as a fraxel laser treatment to remove fine lines and wrinkles, you should be able to fully understand the whole operation before undergoing it. Risks, benefits, possible alternatives, what you can expect, and pre-, intra- and post-operative measures must be discussed. Make sure your physician addresses all your queries.
- Plastic surgery is usually an elective procedure and not something urgent. Find a doctor who gives you time to decide and helps you make quality and informed decisions. Beware of those who are trying to rush you into getting things done.
Here at The Cosmetic and Restorative Surgery Clinic, we have Dr. Hodgkinson – one of the most trusted and well-known cosmetic surgeons in Sydney and globally. He’s an expert in aesthetic cosmetic surgery, and one of the few plastic and reconstructive surgeons worldwide who holds two higher degrees in the field. With over 30 years of experience, and having performed thousands of cosmetic procedures on satisfied patients all over Australia, the United States, and in other parts of the globe, Dr. Hodgkinson is THE cosmetic plastic surgeon you can totally depend on to take care of the biggest asset you own, you!