Revision of Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty surgery involves reshaping the nasal bone and/or cartilage to create a nose that aesthetically enriches the face. A failed rhinoplasty can be distressing. Rather than achieving an improvement, the patient has to deal with an unsatisfactory result. There are many reasons for a failed rhinoplasty, including non-compliance by the patient; however, the most devastating causes are technical inability and poor post-operative care.
Substandard surgical ability may generate an abnormal appearance that is much more unappealing than their original nose. This can effect self-esteem and self-confidence, but for certain patients, embarrassment and low self-esteem can impact on most aspects of their lives.
Although most revision rhinoplasty can be improved by a surgeon of great expertise to achieve perfection is virtually unattainable. Patients must realize that modern medicine is restricted and that a severely traumatised nose cannot always be repaired in one operation. Severely damaged noses usually require surgery and reconstruction to be performed in stages.
Sydney’s best rhinoplasty plastic surgeon
Several key factors can be used collectively to determine competence in rhinoplasty surgery. These include:
- A good reputation among colleagues and former patients
- Greater than 100 cosmetic nasal surgeries performed per year
- A personal portfolio of satisfactory “before & after” rhinoplasty photos
- Recognition of clinical excellence by fellow rhinoplasty surgeons
- Contributions to peer-reviewed rhinoplasty literature
- Board certification by an official certifying agency in the field in which the procedure is being performed.
- Specialisation by the surgeon in the procedure being considered
- The ability to establish good communication with your doctor
- Accredited operating room facilities where your procedure will be performed
- And perhaps most importantly, confidence that your surgeon will perform your procedure with skill and good judgement
For more details and bookings please contact our clinic on 02 9362 7400 or for further correspondence on this procedure please send your enquiries to email@example.com