Facelifts with a Natural Look
Before and After Facelift by Dr Hodgkinson
As we age, there is a deterioration of the elasticity of our skin, the tautness of our musculature and with this gravitational pull even the fatty pads of the cheeks and midface that gave shape to our younger faces begin to ‘head south’. In our 30′s and 40′s we can mask the early signs of ageing such as fine lines with injecitible fillers and anti-wrinkle injections, or minor laxity and loss of elasticity can be addressed with Thermage. There is a point, however, when restoring the youthful contours of the jaw, neckline and lower third of the face can only be achieved by a surgical facelift.
Many patients are made anxious by the “f” word – facelift. They associate this surgical procedure with a tight or unnatural look. With the sophisticated modern techniques of facelifting that address the underlying tissues and musculature as well as loose skin, a surgeon with ample expertise and experience like Dr Hodgkinson can perform a facelift that addresses all the aesthetic areas of the ageing face whilst retaining a natural appearance. In these deep plane facelifts, the muscles and tissues are tightened first and then the skin is gently redraped over the face so that there is no tension on the skin which means no tight look, no tension on the incisions and imperceptible suture lines. Beware lesser lifts such as S-lifts or skin lifts by any name which use the skin much like “cling wrap” to hold back the sagging tissues. This creates not only a tight look but places pressure on the incision lines and increases the probablility of widening visible scars.
Depending upon how a patient’s face is ageing, other facial rejuvenation procedures can be performed at the same time such as upper and lower eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), necklift, browlift, and laser skin resurfacing. This approach which deals with all the aesthetic areas of the face as necessary is known as Pan Facial Rejuvenation.
For more information on Facelifting, Pan Facial Rejuvenation or other Cosmetic Plastic Surgical Procedures or to book your appointment with Dr Hodgkinson phone the clinic today on 02 9362 7400 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: I am a 50-year old man and generally feel I have an aged and tired appearance. Would a facelift be suitable for me?Q: I am a 50-year old man. I don’t regard myself as old but I have sagging jowls, a bit of a double chin and generally feel I have an aged and tired appearance. Would a facelift be suitable for me? A: Men are also feeling the pressure of normal ageing—the
- Natural Looking Facelifts? Before and After Pan Facial Rejuvenation by Dr. Hodgkinson Facelift, Necklift, Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery Q: Can I have a facelift without looking “tight or operated on”? A: Yes! The more sophisticated techniques of Facelifting called Pan Facial Rejuvenation make it possible to give an overall more youthful appearance without compromising facial
- What is the best time of the year to have a facelift?Q: What is the best time of the year to have a facelift? A: Facelifts and other procedures, such as eyelid surgery, brow-lifts, neck-lifts and skin rejuvenation techniques like chemical peeling, laserbrasion and dermabrasion, are especially popular in winter. These procedures require the patient to
- I am 45. If I have a facelift now, will I need to have another one later on, say when I’m 60?Q: I am 45. If I have a facelift now, will I need to have another one later on, say when I’m 60? A: You will need another lift if you want to keep your youthful look, however it’s unlikely to be the same type
- How much younger do you look with a facelift?Before & After Facelift by Dr. Hodgkinson How much younger do you look with a facelift? A recent study published where first year medical students assessed the results of facelifting suggested that there was about a seven year reduction in the age appearance of patients after a facelift. The question would be