Breast Reductions Patients Have Increased Quality of Life
Before & After Breast Reduction Surgery by Dr. Darryl Hodgkinson
If you are a woman with overly large breasts, Dr Hodgkinson’s breast reduction surgery in Sydney can be a tremendously life enhancing option. Having the procedure will give you far more than just smaller and firmer breasts. You will also get significant relief from many physical and emotional discomforts, a new sense of freedom in your exercise and physical activity, and the ability to wear a greater variety of clothing styles. Numerous studies agree on the fact that breast reduction patients see a huge increase in their self-esteem and confidence. In fact, in all of the procedures that plastic surgeons perform, breast reduction ranks amongst the highest in patient satisfaction.
Breast Reduction, also called Reduction Mammaplasty, is a procedure that removes excess breast tissue and skin making your breasts more proportional to the rest of your body. The areola ( pigmented skin around nipple) may be reduced and repositioned as well to suit the new size and shape of your breasts.
Breast Reduction can be performed at any age, but plastic surgeons usually recommend waiting until your breasts have fully developed. A common age to have the procedure is in the late teenage years or after having children. As it is usually considered to be a health concern, many private health insurance companies do help to pay for the surgery. Medicare also provides rebates. It is worth looking into how your health fund can financially help you if you are considering breast reduction surgery.
You may be a good candidate for breast reduction if you suffer from the following conditions:
- back, neck or shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- heavy, sagging breasts with very low nipple and areola
- breasts that are too large in proportion to your body frame
- skin irritation underneath your breasts
- indentations in your shoulders caused by tight bra straps
- restriction of physical activity due to size and weight of your breasts
- one breast that is much larger that the other one
- feeling self-consciousness about the large size of your breasts
If you are interested in breast reduction please contact the clinic at (02) 9362 7400 to set up an appointment with Dr. Hodgkinson