What procedures are most popular with males?
Q: What procedures are most popular with males?
A: The choice of surgery usually depends on the age of the man. Younger men choose rhinoplasty to improve the appearance of their nose and often for breathing problems associated with previous trauma, such as a broken nose. Another popular procedure for the younger man is the operation to reduce gynaecomasia or “man boobs”.
As men enter their late 30s and early 40s they often elect to have eyelid surgery in Sydney, especially if they have bulging fat in the lower eyelids that gives them a sleepy or tired appearance. Liposuction is popular in the 35 to 45 age group when weight gain can lead to an unattractive “beer belly” and “love handles”.
|Browlift and dermabrasion|
- Chin ImplantsBefore and After Chin Implant and Secondary Rhinoplasty with Dr. Hodgkinson According to new research published by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), chin implants have become the fastest growing procedure of 2011, growing more than liposuction, anti-wrinkle injections, and breast augmentation combined, with an overall 71% increase since 2010 (http://www.plasticsurgery.org/News-and-Resources/Chin-Surgery-Skyrockets-Among-Women-and-Men.html). I have
- Rise in Male Cosmetic SurgeryBefore & After Liposculpture by Dr. Hodgkinson In response to the feature on male cosmetic surgery in last week’s Good Weekend, “Makeover man”, the trend toward men becoming consumers of cosmetic surgery and treatments began long ago to the point that 40% of all my patients are men. Unlike other doctors
- What is the best time of the year to have a facelift?Q: What is the best time of the year to have a facelift? A: Facelifts and other procedures, such as eyelid surgery, brow-lifts, neck-lifts and skin rejuvenation techniques like chemical peeling, laserbrasion and dermabrasion, are especially popular in winter. These procedures require the patient to
- Cosmetic Surgery Popular for Cooler MonthsCosmetic plastic surgery usually sees a spike in demand as the weather gets cooler. The shorter days and end of the holiday season make it easier to stay ‘under wraps’ for the first week or so post-operatively and of course the cooler months can also be more comfortable to heal
- I am a 25-year-old man with a thin build and no chest. What can be done? (Pectoral implants)Q: I am a 25-year-old man with a thin build and no chest. What can be done? A: Pectoral implants can be used to give your chest a more masculine look. The implants are made from firm silicone and are trimmed or customised to fit